The medicinal properties of lime are so overwhelming that you can’t ignore if you really value your health especially this post Covid-19 pandemic period. Honestly speaking, of all the fruits I know, lime is one of the most powerful and medicinally endowed fruits. Lime is so rich in water, protein, fruit, Fat, Minerals, Fiber, carbohydrate, Calcium, phosphorus, iron, Vitamin C, and a very small amount of Vitamin B complex, and more and more. These and more I shall be unveiling in the cause of this article “Medicinal properties of Lime”.
MEDICINAL PROPERTIES OF LIME: BREAKDOWN OF LIME NUTRIENT CONTENT
Here are the Medicinal properties of lime and its massive nutrient contents. According to the United States Department of Agriculture [USDA] National Nutrient Database, one
44grams weighed lime contains:
- Lime Water = 88.66g
- Protein = 0.7g
- Lipid Fat = 0.2g
- Carbohydrate by difference = 10.54g
- Fiber total dietary = 2.8g
- Sugars, total including NLEA = 1.69G
- Calcium = 33mg
- Iron = 0.6mg
- Magnesium = 6mg
- Phosphorus = 18mg
- Potassium = 102mg
- Sodium = 2mg
- Zinc = 0.11mg
- Copper = 0.065mg
- Selenium = 0.4mg
- Vitamin C total ascorbic acid = 29.1mg
- Thiamin = 0.03mg
- Riboflavin = 0.02mg
- Niacin = 0.2mg
- Vitamin B-6 = 0.043mg
- Total Folate = 8ug
- Folate food = 8ug
- Folate DFE = 8ug
- Total Cholin = 5.1mg
- Vitamin A RAE = 2ug
- Carotene Beta = 30ug
- Vitamin E [Alpha-tocopherol] = 0.22mg
- Vitamin K [Phyloquinone] = 0.6ug
- Fatty acid total Saturated = 0.022g
- Fatty acid total monounsaturated = 0.019g
- Fatty acid total polyunsaturated = 0.055g
With this detailed comprehensive analysis of the nutrient composition of a lime seed, you can now appreciate the Medicinal properties of lime
Facts on the Medicinal Properties of Lime
- Lime is a Citrus fruit
- Lime medicinal Values almost surpasses other fruits
- Lime accents flavors in foods
- One seed of lime consumed per day gives you the 32% of the Vitamin C you need in a day.
MEDICINAL PROPERTIES OF LIME/ LIME USES IN DISEASE CURE
The potency of lime in curing various illnesses abounds. Below are lists of Diseases Lime can cure:
#1. DIGESTIVE DISORDERS
The Medicinal Properties of Lime can be appreciated in the treatment of Digestive disorders. A teaspoonful of fresh lime should be mixed with a teaspoonful of honey. Lick it to stop:
- Bilious vomiting
- Burning in the stomach
- Excessive accumulation of saliva in the mouth.
A teaspoonful of lime juice mixed with water and a pinch of soda bicarbonate will give you an excellent remedy for reducing the acidity in the stomach. This also is a powerful carminative in the case of indigestion. It produces a sedative effect in the stomach due to the release of carbonic acid gas.
The Medicinal Properties of Lime can also be seriously appreciated in the treatment of constipation. Take it as the first thing in a glass of warm water in a chronic case. Lime helps remove the disorder by promoting biliary secretion from the liver.
The citric acid in lime has an alkaline reaction in the system. The citric acid together with the mineral salts in the juice assists in digestion by absorbing alcohol and fats thereby neutralizing excessive bile produced in the liver. Lime juice counter attacks the effect of greasy food and reduces gastric acidity.
#3. MEDICINAL PROPERTIES OF LIME IN COMMON COLD TREATMENT
Lime is the ideal remedy for all types of fever and cold. Take it with diluted Vitamin C or coconut water. Rich Lime juice
- Increases disease resistance
- Reduces toxicity and
- Cut down the course of illness.
You should not avoid Lime except you are allergic to Citric fruits.
#4. SWOLLEN GUMS
lime is valuable in swollen gums. A glass of diluted juice mixed with a pinch of salt should be taken in the case of swollen gums. The squeezed juice should also be rubbed on the gum before throwing it away.
#5. MEDICINAL PROPERTIES OF LIME IN GOUT
Lime fruit has been used as a remedy for gout and arthritis for a long. Vitamin C is known for treating and preventing sore joints by strengthening the connecting tissue in the body. The citric acid found in the lime is the solvent of Uric acid which is the primary cause of gout and other diseases of this nature.
#6. EYE DISORDER
Lime medicinal values can also be seen as valuable in Eye disorder. Two drops of lime diluted with warm water should be dropped into the Eyes in the case of conjunctivitis. Its regular use with distilled water in the ratio of 1:4 will help in preventing old-age cataracts.
#7. MEDICINAL PROPERTIES OF LIME IN BLEEDING PILE
A small lime should be split and sprinkled with rock salt poured inside. The lime is then tucked inside the mouth and the juice is slowly taken. Limejuice with its anti-hemorrhagic properties and salt with its magnesium sulfate content checks to bleed. Lime helps good bowel movement and gradually shrinks the pile masses.
#8. MEDICINAL PROPERTIES / VALUES OF LIME IN OBESITY
Lime juice is also excellent in weight reduction. It has a sedative reduction on the nerves. Fresh juice of lime mixed with a glass of warm water, sweetened with honey should be taken on an empty stomach every morning in the case of obesity. This will reduce weight in 2 calories diet to get the desired results.
#9. SCORPION STING
Fresh lime is highly beneficial in the treatment of scorpion sting WHEN EXTERNALLY APPLIED. A crystal of potassium permanganate should be put into it and it will have an effect in ten minutes.
ALSO READ: SIMPLE STEPS ON HOW TO CREATE GMAIL ACCOUNT
The lime medicinal values have been proving valuable in cystitis. Cystitis is the inflammation of the urinary bladder. A teaspoonful of lime juice should be put into 180mg of boiling water. It should be allowed to cool and 60mg of this water should be given every two hourly. It gives relief to the burning sensation and also stops bleeding in cystitis.
#11. MEDICINAL PROPERTIES OF LIME IN BEAUTY AID
Lime can be used as a beauty aid. Squeeze your lime in a fully boiled glassful of whole milk. A teaspoonful of glycerine may be added to it. It should be left for half an hour, then applied in the face, hand, and feet before retiring at night. Thus, applying it every night will help one to look younger and beautiful.
The application can also cure pimples, cracked soles and palms, dryness of face and palms, and also protect the face from hot and cold wind and sunburn. Massaging few drops of lime juice on the hair with ample hair cream every night before going to bed stops the falling of hair, lengthens them, and prevents them from premature graying. It also cures dandruff.
- Lime should not be taken in excess
- The Alkaline salts of the lime juice neutralize the free uric acid and precipitate.
- It has been discovered that excessive use may cause the formation of renal calculi.
- Excessive sucking of lime is also bad for the teeth as the acid damages the delicate enamel and makes them sensitive.
- Lime excessive use weakens digestion and impoverishes the blood.
OTHER MEDICINAL PROPERTIES OF LIME/BENEFITS
- Heart – with the vitamin C contained in lime, there is a link to a reduced rate of dying from cardiovascular issues.
- Lime juice has proven antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Lime helps in the prevention of asthma since low levels of vitamin C are commonly found in people with asthma.
- Iron deficiency is the most common nutrient deficiency in the world today. Lime increases iron absorption
- Lime helps in boosting the immune system with its Vit. C rich content.
- It lows the risk of stroke.
- Lowers the risk of contacting coronavirus since it boosts the immune system with its rich Vitamin C nutrient content.
Use the comment box for your comments and subscribe for your updates. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Pinterest.