USA Jobs Visa - 13 Types of American Visas for Employment

USA Jobs Visa – 13 Types of American Visas for Temporary Employment

USA Jobs Visa: types of visas for getting a job in the U.S

USA Jobs Visa – There are so many types of American visas for temporary employment that one can easily apply for. To get a job in the United States or the UK, one needs to have a work visa which may be temporary or permanent depending on the job. Let us see how to get a work visa for the USA for people staying outside the U.S.

So many people wish to a job in the USA via the USA Jobs Visa sponsorship, but the problem has always been getting a permanent work visa USA. If you have tried to get a work visa USA and failed, then there is an opportunity for you again to try once more. Though there are jobs that do not require a work permit in USA that you can also apply for. But we are focusing more on how to get a work visa for USA.

Before now, many have been asking, how long does it take to get a U.S work visa? Well, everything is well stated in the U.S Visa Online Application Form. There is a stipulated time for an applicant to get his or her work visa for USA. In most cases, it takes up to 3 weeks or more to get your work visa for the U.S ready for collection.

What is the American Work Visa?

The Work Visa USA is used for people to work temporarily in the U.S. for a specified period. May be between 2 to 5 years, or 2 to 11 months depending on the type of job. The period of time that you will work should be noted in the employment contract or the visa application.

This type of U.S visa does not allow individuals to work in the U.S indefinitely or permanently. Applicants need to fulfill a list of US visa requirements and submit the documents specified in the next sections of this article to be eligible to apply for a temporary work visa USA.

USA Jobs Visa Types

There are several types of US work visas depending on the purpose and the work that you want to do.

Here are the US Temporary Work Visas:

  • H1B visa: Person in Specialty Occupation. To work in a specialty occupation. Requires a higher education degree or its equivalent. Includes fashion models of distinguished merit and ability and government-to-government research and development, or co-production projects administered by the Department of Defense.
  • H-1B1 visa: Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Professional – Chile, Singapore. To work in a specialty occupation. Requires a post-secondary degree involving at least four years of study in the field of specialization. (Note: This is not a petition-based visa.)
  • H-2A visa: Temporary Agricultural Workers. For temporary or seasonal agricultural work. Limited to citizens or nationals of designated countries, with limited exceptions, if determined to be in the United States interest.
  • H-2B visa: Temporary Non-agricultural Worker. For temporary or seasonal non-agricultural work. Limited to citizens or nationals of designated countries, with limited exceptions, if determined to be in the United States interest.
  • H-3 visa: Trainee or Special Education visitor. To receive training, other than graduate medical or academic, that is not available in the trainee’s home country or practical training programs in the education of children with mental, physical, or emotional disabilities.
  • I visa: Representatives of Foreign Media. The visa allows journalists and those who work in the information or media sector to complete their work while in the U.S.
  • L1 visa: Intracompany Transferee. To work at a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of the current employer in a managerial or executive capacity, or in a position requiring specialized knowledge. Individuals must have been employed by the same employer abroad continuously for 1 year within the three preceding years.
  • P-1 visa: Individual or Team Athlete, or Member of an Entertainment Group. To perform at a specific athletic competition as an athlete or as a member of an entertainment group. Requires an internationally recognized level of sustained performance. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.
  • P-2 visa: Artist or Entertainer (Individual or Group). For performance under a reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the United States and an organization in another country. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.
  • P-3 visa: Artist or Entertainer (Individual or Group). To perform, teach or coach under a program that is culturally unique or a traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation. Includes persons providing essential services to support the above individual.
  • R-1 visa: Temporary Nonimmigrant Religious Workers. To help foreign nationals to come to the U.S and work in a religious organization. Only ministers and those who are directly tied to religious work are qualified.
  • TN visa: NAFTA Workers. This visa allows lawyers, scientists, engineers, teachers from Canada to work in the US temporarily.
  • O1 Visa: Visa for persons with extraordinary abilities. The O1 visa is for those who show expert knowledge in science, business, education, athletics, or art, including international recognition for their work.

How to Get Jobs Visa for USA and Requirements

Do you want to move to the United States for a job? Have you applied for a work visa for USA? Do you need a free work visa USA sponsorship? We shall discuss the steps on how to get a job visa for USA under this section.

Besides fulfilling the three qualifying preconditions, you will also need to have these documents:

  • Valid passport – which needs to be valid for the entire duration of your stay in the U.S and an additional six months after you return
  • US visa photo – which you need to upload when you fill out the online application form.
  • The Receipt Number, which you can find on your approved Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker (I-129 Form) which your employer filed.
  • A confirmation page that you have completed your Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160 Form).
  • The receipt proves that you have paid the application fee. For US work visas, the application fee is $190. There might also be additional fees that apply to your location, so you should check with your local U.S Embassy for more details.
  • Proof that you will return to your home country after your work in the US ends. This applies to many work visas except for the H-1B and the L visa. Examples of how you can prove you will return from the US include:
    1. Submitting your economic situation
    2. Your family relationships
    3. Any long-term plans you might have
    4. The residence that you plan on returning to
  • For those applying for an L Visa, you will also need to have a filled I-129S form (Nonimmigrant Petition Based on Blanket L Petition). You should bring this form with you when you have your visa interview.

Besides these general requirements, which apply to all those who want to get a U.S work visa, there might also be other documents that you need to submit. You should contact your local U.S Embassy for more detailed information.

Work Visa USA Application Steps

If you have fulfilled the three pre-qualifying conditions and gathered the document, then you qualify to start your application for the U.S work visa. The way you can apply is by completing the following steps:

Complete the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (Form DS-160) and print the confirmation page

The information you enter in the DS-160 form must all be correct. If you submit any incorrect information, the Embassy will have reason enough to deny you the visa. In addition, the DS-160 form is available in many languages, but your answers must be in English.

Schedule your interview

Because of the high number of applications that U.S Embassies receive, make sure that you schedule your interview as soon as you meet all the requirements. If you are younger than 13 years old or older than 80 years old, a visa interview is not required. As for people between the ages of 14 and 79, interviews are required, but there can be exceptions if you are just renewing your visa.

Attend the interview

Your interview and the information on the DS-160 form will serve for the U.S Embassy to make their decision on whether or not you should be given a visa. That is why, it is highly important that you show up to the interview on time, dressed appropriately, and with all the documents. In addition, answer all questions as fully as possible, always giving true information. They train visa interviewers to detect when someone is providing false information, so if you do that, they will deny your visa.

Complete additional procedures

You will be required to give digital fingerprints before, during, or after your interview depending on your location, as well as pay any additional fees. After the visa processing, if the U.S Embassy gives you the work visa, you might also be required to pay a visa issuance fee. The amount of the visa issuance fee is determined based on your country of origin.

Your Rights and Responsibilities

Temporary Workers in the U.S have a set of rights, which the government grants them. They are protected from violations and exploitation and can exercise these rights without being penalized. If someone in the U.S violates your rights and you report it, your visa will not be terminated and the government cannot force you to return to your country if your visa is still valid, only because you reported those violations.

If the inspectors of Homeland Security and other departments allow you entry into the U.S, you also have the right to apply to extend your stay. However, once your visa expires, you cannot stay in the country unless the Embassy extends your visa. If you stay after your work visa is invalid, you might not be eligible to apply for one in the future.

You also have the right to apply for a USA Jobs Visa for your spouse or children in the same visa category that you have.

  • For H visa holders, your spouse and children should apply for an H-4 visa
  • If you hold an L visa, your dependents should apply for an L-2 visa,
  • For O visas, spouse and children should apply for an O-3 visa,
  • P visa holder’s spouse and children should apply for a P-4 visa, and
  • Those who hold a Q visa, spouse, and children should apply for a Q-3 visa

You will like this: USA Visa Sponsorship Program 2022–Study and Work in the United States

For your comment on how to get USA Jobs Visa kindly use the comment box below. Do share this article with your friends and family on social media.

Leave a Reply