GMAT Test or Exam is basically an adaptive computerized entrance examination test designed for management postgraduate students. It is one of the entrance examinations required to study in any of the UK
business schools and their affiliates globally. The COVID-19 pandemic really changed a lot of things globally even to the conduct of the Graduate Management Admission Test[GMAT. Don’t forget that the Graduate Management Admission Test is purely an exam for international students pursuing management courses in UK business schools and their affiliates globally. As I said earlier, the advent of COVID-19 brought lots of changes to the conduct of most international exams. For the GMAT test, candidates now have two options for writing the GMAT Exam. You either write the GMAT test Online or at a test center with others therein. Follow us patiently.
THE Graduate Management Admission Test [GMAT] Exam Focus Edition 2023 Description
This year 2023, there is an introduction of what is called the GMAT Focus Edition 2023. The beauty of this very GMAT Focus Edition 2023 is that it shortened the Graduate Management Admission Test [GMAT] topics unlike before. The GMAT Test Exam has four sections consisting of four subjects namely Analytical Writing, Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, and Integrated Reasoning respectively with verbal, quantitative, and Integrated reasoning containing 79 questions and 0ne descriptive questions for the Analytical writing section.
The entire Graduate Management Admission Test Exam is to last for 3 hours and 7 minutes duration. However, the focus edition actually resumed registration as early as the 29th of August 2023 with both the former GMAT Exams going hand in hand until 2024. Graduate Management Admission Test Exam 2023 registration fees online are US$300 while the registration at the GMAT Test center is US$275 respectively.
READ ALSO: Top UK Universities Compulsory Entrance Exams Required To Study In UK | 17 Amazing Exams To Study In UK, & Top 12 Universities Average Scores Required For Undergraduates, & Postgraduates International Students In UK | Apply Today!
What Is the Graduate Management Admission Test – GMAT Test?
The GMAT test is one of the Entrance Exams Required To Study In UK Universities if you are applying to business schools in the UK or even globally then you may definitely consider taking the GMAT test. Only in 2023 alone, we have over 200 universities in the UK accepting GMAT scores. With 18,500 INR an international student from India can comfortably sit for the GMAT examination. While a Nigerian N366,000 only maximum can register for the Graduate Management Admission Test Exam for a Nigerian International student.
Graduate Management Admission Test Latest Update
Ladies and gentlemen, the Graduate Management Admission Test Exam has a new look and pattern with the introduction of the GMAT Focus Edition 2023. Here are the changes and looks you might probably see in the newly introduced Graduate Management Admission Test Exam focus edition 2023. They are:
- There is the introduction of topics for the GMAT Exam 2023 to enable candidates to cover topics in time
- Registration for both the former and latest editions started on 29th Aug. 2023 concurrently.
- Both the old and the new syllabus and GMAT exam pattern will co-exist concurrently until the next year 2024 before the former will be set aside completely.
- With the new Graduate Management Admission Test Exam [GMAT] Focus Edition 2023, you can now register and book your slots 6 months ahead of the examination and adequately prepare for it.
- You can now prepare for your GMAT test/exams through the GMAC PREP GUIDE if you are a prospective candidate
- The Graduate Management Admission Test [GMAT] Online Exam now comes with 5 GMAT Score Reports for free
- The Graduate Management Admission Test [GMAT] Exam can now be registered and written in the comfort of your room./home as an option
- Candidates can also take the Graduate Management Admission Test [GMAT] Exam at a GMAT Test Center
- For Nigeria Graduate Management Admission Test [GMAT] Exam students, Lagos and Abuja remain the 2 centers for the GMAT test
- The GMAT Exam can be written any time, day, or hour except for the Lagos GMAT test center which is every Wednesday and Thursday of the week.
- You can also register for your Gmat exam a day before the testing window.
- You can obtain your exact GMAT registration fees via the payment page
Graduate Management Admission Test [GMAT] Online Upgrade Update
- You can now Get a GMAT score instantly
- You can now Select the GMAT order of the section
- There is now an 8-minute break for two times
- There is now an Inclusion of AWA
- Top business schools now accept the score of the online GMAT exam.
- Prospective candidates should follow the application deadline of the desired business school before booking slots.
READ THIS: Top Fully Funded Oxford University Scholarships UK | 2 Undergraduate scholarships, 6 Postgraduate scholarships & 7 External Funding Oxford University Scholarships For International Students | Apply Now!
GMAT Official Guide
It is noteworthy that GMAC every year released an edited version of the GMAT official guide 2023 for the candidates. However, the GMAT official guide retains all questions from previous years and adds more new questions for practice. Here is how the GMAT official guide looks:
- The GMAT Quant section now has 32 new questions added making it 262 questions.
- The GMAT Data Sufficiency section now has 10 new questions added making it 502 questions altogether.
- GMAT Verbal has 50 new questions added where 31 and 19 new questions are added in GMAT Sentence Correction and Critical Reasoning respectively.
Official GMAT Podcast
Another latest is that GMAC has introduced official GMAT podcasts for students to access detailed information about the exam. The podcasts provide tips on how to approach the exam and maximize the GMAT test experience. A new podcast is released every Monday, covering a range of topics related to graduate business assessments and success strategies via GMAC.
GMAT Podcast Episodes
In Episode 1, Matt Hazenbush interviewed Pam Brown, the Director of Product Management at GMAC. She discussed the 8-week GMAT study plan, emphasizing the importance of becoming familiar with the GMAT exam pattern and question types. The plan involves practicing with official GMAT practice papers and consulting the GMAT Official Guide.
In Episode 2, Eric Chambers interviewed Vineet Chhabra, the Senior Director of Product Management at GMAC, about the differences between the GMAT test Online and the test center methods. Chhabra explained how the GMAT Online exam was a product of the pandemic, without the AWA section.
In Episode 3, Matt Hazenbush interviewed Pam Brown again. The focus of the discussion was on candidates who are seeking more challenging preparation materials, and Brown mentioned the GMAT Official Advanced Questions, which contains around 300 more challenging questions.
In Episode 4, Vineet Chhabra talked about the 10 most common myths that GMAT aspirants are concerned about. Candidates should be aware of these myths before commencing their GMAT preparation.
GMAT Question Pattern Changes
GMAT has different sets of questions and different time slots for all four sections. The GMAT exam pattern 2023 outlines the basic framework of the exam, thus:
- Pure Reasoning Questions in GMAT Quant Section
- Conversion Questions (like Miles to Kms)
- Set Questions (where terms like both or neither are used in GMAT quant to depict the specific group of people)
- Geometry questions in GMAT Data Sufficiency sections (like coordinate geometry)
- The choice of the order of the exam
You will agree with me that the cost of the GMAT Online is $275, which is $50 less than the previous cost. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, GMAT testing has been suspended in many locations due to safety issues. GMAC announced candidates can schedule the GMAT both online or at the test center at per convenience. In the newly updated GMAT 2023 online format, the Analytical Writing Assessment section has been added. Aspirants can book the test before 24 hours only as per the slot availability. Applicants can also take exams at the nearby test centers only if it is safe. To request disability accommodations, candidates must wait for the authority to approve the accommodations before scheduling the date.
GMAT SURVEY REPORT BY KAPLAN
Data Surveyed by KAPLAN
that since 2014, organizations prefer professionals with GMAT scores increased by 44%. GMAC decides for the interim GMAT exam to take control of this epidemic situation. According to Geoffrey Basye, spokesperson of GMAC, this interim GMAT will now manage the integrity of the exam remotely.
GMAT Focus Edition Question Pattern
The new GMAT test Focus Edition 2023 has added a Data Insight section which has the following sections:
- Data Sufficiency: Measures your ability to analyze a quantitative problem, recognize which data is relevant, and determine at what point there is enough data to solve the problem.
- Multi-Source Reasoning: Measures your ability to examine data from multiple sources including text passages, tables, graphics, or some combination of the three—and to analyze each source of data carefully to answer multiple questions. Some questions will require you to recognize discrepancies among different sources of data, while others will ask you to draw inferences or require you to determine whether data is relevant.
- Table Analysis: Measures your ability to sort and analyze a table of data, similar to a spreadsheet, to determine what information is relevant or meets certain conditions.
- Graphics Interpretation: Measures your ability to interpret the information presented in a graph or other graphical image (scatter plot, x/y graph, bar chart, pie chart, or statistical curve distribution) to discern relationships, and make inferences.
- Two-Part Analysis: Measures your ability to solve complex problems. They could be quantitative, verbal, or some combination of both. The format is intentionally versatile to cover a wide range of content. Your ability to evaluate trade-offs, solve simultaneous equations, and discern relationships between two entities is measured.
has announced that candidates will be given a window of time to choose between the old and new test formats until the new format is fully implemented. This provides reassurance to candidates who have been preparing for the GMAT, as they can continue their preparations without worrying about any sudden changes to the exam format.
Why Apply for GMAT?
GMAT is known to be the best predictor of success in management programs globally. No other exam has such wide acceptability as the GMAT. Every year 200,000 students from all over the world take the GMAT exam to apply to a graduate business program. Your exam is guarded against bias and you can take it whenever you are ready. The GMAT Exam interfaces you with the best-fit business college for your business degree.
As per the graph, in the last 3 years, the number of examinees of the GMAT test has gone through a fall if we look from a global perspective. But in India, the number of candidates increased by 3000. In the global base, the number of male, as well as female candidates, decreased in the last 3 years. But in India, the number of female candidates increased and it is the highest in the last 3 years. Most candidates enrolling for MBA programs across the world are above or around 28 years old. A few other aspects of applying GMAT are as follows:
Return on Investment (ROI) is quite high after the candidates pursue an MBA from abroad
With a large diversity in the class profiles, an MBA aspirant will come across people across industries
After graduating from any top business school, candidates will get numerous career opportunities to choose
Personalized Program Recommendation By GMAT Score
For going for the GMAT test, I have made some beautiful recommendations for you. Through this service, a detailed list of the top 10 recommended business schools is provided to the test-taker according to profile, GMAT scores, and interests. By sending the score report to the business school, candidates can compare the GMAT score with other available scores at those same recommended business schools. Based on that recommendation, candidates receive a GMAT competitive rating based on
- Above Average
With the help of this competitive rating, candidates can make an informed decision about any program at the recommended business school.
How Hard Is The GMAT Test?
More than 124, 000 candidates appear for the GMAT test every year. Only 6% of candidates can score 700+ score and the average score of top universities is 720 or above. The timing pressure and computer adaptiveness of the GMAT will always keep the candidates under constant pressure. The GMAT test is more tricky than hard. Candidates need to build the concept to crack the GMAT.
Which One Is Easier GMAT Vs GRE?
If you are someone competent in the quant section then opt for the GMAT exam rather than the GRE. Logic problems are found more in the GMAT, whereas geometry questions are noticed more in the GRE. GMAT vs GRE: Which one is easier is a common question that comes to the mind of each candidate. So it depends on which exam is taken by the candidate for MBA admission.
What is the purpose of an MBA from Abroad?
There are lots of reasons or purposes why people pursue their MBA abroad but one of the greatest reasons here is the issue of Return On Investment. People invest in pursuing an MBA from the top business schools in the world. Before applying to a particular business school, one must know about the return on an investment after completion of the program. Each year Financial Times calculates ROI for the world’s top 100 business schools and their value for money rank. ROI is not only dependent on the amount invested and salary earned after graduating but also on the other accumulative costs, fees, course length, salary earned by the alumni, and other aspects. Below are the world’s top business schools and their return on investment.
World’s Top Business Schools And Their Yearly Return On Investment
1. University of Florida: Warrington
2. Pennsylvania State University: Smeal
3. Durham University Business School
4. Shanghai University of Finance and Economics: College of Business
5. Brigham Young University: Marriott
6. University of Cambridge: Judge
9. Mannheim Business School
10. Mannheim Business School
11. Texas A & M University: Mays
12. HEC Paris
13. ESMT Berlin
14. Shanghai Jiao Tong University: Antai
15. University of Oxford: Said
16. University of St Gallen
17. Warwick Business School
18. University College Dublin: Smurfit
Money Value: 17
19. University of Georgia: Terry
- Money Value: 18
- Rank: 100
20. IMD Business School
21. University of Connecticut School of Business
22. Renmin University of China Business School (RMBS)
23. SDA Bocconi School of Management
24, University of Texas at Dallas: Jindal
25. National University of Singapore Business School
26. WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management
GMAT Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The GMAT exam pattern comprises topics from Quant, verbal, integrated reasoning, and analytical writing. This detailed GMAT test Exam pattern will help the candidates plan for preparation. The four sections of the GMAT Syllabus cover 50 topics. Four sections of the GMAT are as follows:
Analytical Writing Assessment: In this AWA section, the test taker’s ability to think critically and communicate has been measured
- Integrated Reasoning: The GMAT IR section tests how well a test taker analyzes a plethora of data to evaluate information represented in multiple formats
- Quantitative Reasoning: The GMAT Quant section measures how well a test taker comes to conclusions using analytical skills and reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning: GMAT Verbal measures how well a candidate reads and understands the written material and evaluates arguments out on it
CHECK OUT: 3 Simple Steps To Apply For The Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences Scholarships For Doctors, Nurses & Scientists In Canada | 1 Amazing offer To Grab | Apply Here & Now!
GMAT Test Registration
Applicants can complete GMAT Registration
at any time of the year. The best time to take the GMAT is a year before seeking admission to the B-school. Test takers should register for the preferred date as per preparation status. It is advisable not to book slots at the last moment. Candidates can book the GMAT exam dates in 2023 after checking the available slots.
How to Register for GMAT Test
Candidates can register for the GMAT test easily by following a few steps. You should follow the instructions given while registering. To reschedule or cancel the GMAT test, candidates also have to follow a few steps as per instructions. GMAT registration can be completed in three different ways. There are:
- GMAT Online
- GMAT Offline (fees via post)
- Postal Mail
Resumption of GMAT Testing
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, GMAT testing had come to a halt and most of the test centers were closed. Recently, there has been a resumption of test centers across the globe, but some places are still not conducting the test. GMAC arranged provision for either test center delivered or at-home GMAT for safety purposes. Candidates must check the official GMAT website for any updates.
GMAT test Eligibility
Before GMAT registration, candidates should know about the minimum GMAT eligibility criteria. The following criteria are required for GMAT eligibility:
- Applicants should have a basic educational qualification from any registered university or college
- Candidates should be a minimum of 18 years of age, if a candidate is below 18 years then require a no-objection certificate from the guardian
- A candidate must have a valid passport to appear for GMAT
- Applicants can appear for the GMAT only 5 times a year and 8 times a lifetime
- Candidates can appear for the GMAT only 16 days after the first exam
- There is no specific requirement for work experience but this criterion is preferred by the top business schools of the world.
GMAT Exam Dates
Here are the GMAT exam dates for 2023-24 in the table:
1. Month: December 2023
GMAT Exam dates: 5, 14, 22, and 28
2. Month: January 2024
GMAT Exam dates: 2, 4, 8, 10, 17, 24, and 29
3. Month: February 2024
GMAT Exam dates:5, 12, and 13
GMAT Test Centers
GMAT is a computer-adaptive test, therefore, GMAC tries to make it easily accessible to every test taker. Across India, there are 33 cities where the exam has been conducted in 41 GMAT Test Centers, and in Nigeria, we have GMAT Test centers only in Lagos and Abuja. Most GMAT Test Centers are closed due to safety measures however, not in Nigeria at the moment. Due to COVID-19, GMAC allows candidates to appear for GMAT at home.
SEE ALSO: How To Apply For The Lifetime Ontario Graduate Scholarship Canada Today – 3 Amazing Wonders Of Ontario Graduate Scholarship Canada
How Much Is The GMAT Exam? [GMAT Fees]
The GMAT exam fee is USD 275 for test centers and USD 300 for online. However, it differs in some countries. GMAT exam fees can be paid online or offline mode. Check the GMAT registration fees and costs of the services:
GRADUATE MANAGEMENT ADMISSION TEST [GMAT] SERVICE FEES
1. GMAT Exam
- Delivered at a Test Center: US$275
- Delivered Online: US$300
2. Enhanced Score Report ( Bought at the time of registration)
- Delivered at a Test Center: US$30
- Delivered Online: Not Available
3. Additional Score Report
- Delivered at a Test Center: US&35 each
- Delivered Online: US$35 each
4. Cancel score (through mba.com after the exam)
- Delivered at a Test Center: US$25
- Delivered Online: Not Available
5. Reinstate score
- Delivered at a Test Center: US$50
- Delivered Online: Not Applicable
6. AWA Essay Rescoring
- Delivered at a Test Center: US$45
- Delivered Online: US$45
GRADUATE MANAGEMENT ADMISSION TEST [GMAT] RESCHEDULED SERVICE FEE
7. More than 60 days before appointment
- Delivered at a Test Center: US$55
- Delivered Online: US$60
8. 15-60 days before appointment
- Delivered at a Test Center: US$10
- Delivered Online: US$120
9. 14 days or less before appointment
- Delivered at a Test Center: US$165
- Delivered Online: US$180
GRADUATE MANAGEMENT ADMISSION TEST [GMAT] CANCELLATION SERVICE FEES
10. More than 60 days before appointment
- Delivered at a Test Center: US$110 refund
- Delivered Online: US$120 Refund
11. 15-60 days before appointment
- Delivered at a Test Center: US$80 refund
- Delivered Online: US$90 Refund
12. 14 days or less before appointment
- Delivered at a Test Center: US$55 refund
- Delivered Online: US$60 Refund
READ ALSO: Work And Study in USA | 10 Amazing Job Opportunities for Overseas Students In U.S. Schools
GRADUATE MANAGEMENT ADMISSION TEST [GMAT] MEAN SCORE
Before appearing for the GMAT test, candidates should get an overview of the mean score of the GMAT from 2014-2018 as a whole. There is a data chart showing that the mean score of GMAT in India from 2014-2019 is higher than the score secured by the candidates globally. To get admission to the top business schools in the USA or UK, test takers should have a GMAT score of above 700.
GRADUATE MANAGEMENT ADMISSION TEST [GMAT] RESULT
Unlike other exams, you can receive the GMAT Score Report immediately after completing the exam. GMAT AWA score will not be shared at the end of the exam. Candidates will get the option of accepting or rejecting the GMAT score. If the candidate accepts the score, then GMAC will send the score report directly to the institution, if the candidate rejects the score report then one can view the GMAT score. After the completion of the exam, candidates can download the non-official score report of the GMAT. Within 20 days of writing the GMAT. Candidates can receive a GMAT score report along with an AWA Score. You can download, view, or print your official scorecard.
GRADUATE MANAGEMENT ADMISSION TEST [GMAT]ADDITIONAL INFO ON ONLINE SCORE SENDING
The new policy for sending GMAT scores from applicants’ online exams is in force. The GMAT released online results include 5 free score reports. Once the official online exam score is made available via mba.com, the 5 free score reports need to be used within 48 hours. Additional score reports can be bought for US$35 each. The GMAT exam taken online and at test centers around the world is accepted and entrusted by over 7,000 programs globally.
HOW GRADUATE MANAGEMENT ADMISSION TEST [GMAT] IS CALCULATED
Candidates will be scored on a fixed scale on all the sections of the GMAT. The GMAT Score Report includes only GMAT Verbal and GMAT Quantitative scores. AWA and GMAT IR are included in the syllabus to measure the analytical aptitude of the candidates. The GMAT Score Report includes the following:
- GMAT test Quantitative Score (6-51)
- GMAT Verbal Reasoning (6-51)
- Analytical Writing Assessment (0-6)
- Integrated Reasoning (1-8)
GRADUATE MANAGEMENT ADMISSION TEST [GMAT] SCORE VALIDITY
- Candidates have GMAT validity for up to 5 years.
- GMAT Scores can be used to pursue an MBA program and to get a job, as many recruitment companies use GMAT Scores for providing jobs.
- If a candidate is not satisfied with his GMAT Result, they can retake the GMAT Exam
- However, a candidate can appear for GMAT 5 times only in one year i.e. 12 months.
GRADUATE MANAGEMENT ADMISSION TEST [GMAT] CUTOFF SCORES
Most Business schools in the world have set different GMAT cutoff scores. Other than MBA programs in the USA, a GMAT score is also required for MIM programs in European Universities. GMAT cutoff for the top business schools of the world are as follows
Top World Business Schools And Cutoff GMAT Score
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Massachusetts
2. Stanford University
3. The University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
4. Harvard University, Massachusetts
5. The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
6. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
7. The University of British Columbia, Vancouver
8. The University of Western Ontario, Ontario
9. University of Toronto
10. National University of Singapore, Singapore
11. Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU)
12. London Business School, London
13. University of Oxford, England
14. The University of Melbourne, Melbourne
15. The University of Sydney, Sydney
- GMAT Score Required: 600+
16. The University of New South Wales,(UNSW)
- GMAT Score Required: 650-670
17. Whaon, University of Pennsylvania
18. McGill University
Aspirants aiming to take GMAT have to follow strict plans for preparations. GMAT preparation tips consist of how strategically the test taker plans for the exam. For better preparation, many test takers opt for GMAT practice papers to perform well in the exam. The GMAT test is taken by both students and working professionals. Before starting to prepare, aspirants must know a few coaching centers that provide the best quality resource materials and mock tests. Considering the current situation many test centers are providing online classes so it is convenient for everyone. Few such GMAT preparation service providers are as follows
- Kaplan GMAT
- The Princeton Review
GMAT Test Books
A proper study plan and good resources can help you score well on the exam. Beginners can refer to a few GMAT books as follows:
- GMAT Official Guide – Check PDF
- Kaplan GMAT Prep Plus – Check PDF
- Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guide Set – Check PDF
- Beyond the MBA Hype – Check PDF
The Graduate Management Admission Test, popularly known as the GMAT, is a computer-adaptive exam that evaluates applicants’ analytical writing, quantitative, verbal, and reading abilities in commonly used written English.do not forget that the whole essence is to secure admission into the top business schools anywhere in the globe. With this publication, I believe we have been able to decisively x-ray the GMAT Test and the cutoff scores you should target depending on the business school you intend to pursue your MBA. Good luck guys!