IELTS test Course is a major criterion for international students desiring to study, work or migrate to English-speaking countries mostly the United Kingdom [UK]. The IELTS test is key to your admission into any UK school. So, the first thing to do first if you must study in an English-speaking country/university is to seat and pass your IELTS test course. Go ahead to seek your admissions once you have acquired the certificate but how to go about it free and at your convenience is what the University of Queensland Australia online IELTS course stands to offer.
WHAT IS IELTS TEST COURSE
This is one big question that must be in the minds of millions who are hearing the word for the first time.
IELTS is an acronym for International English Language Test System. The IELTS Test course is carefully designed to enable international students to study, work, or migrate to English-speaking countries like the UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the USA. These countries are basically English-speaking countries whose native language is the English Language.
WHAT DO THEY REALLY TEST IN THE IELTS TEST COURSE?
The IELTS course is basically to test your ability to listen, read, write and speak in English will be assessed during the test. After the IELTS course test, the student or applicant will be graded on a scale of 1-9.
WHO OWNS THE IELTS TEST COURSE
IELTS test is joint ownership of the British Council, the IDP IELTS A Austr, Ali, a, and Cambridge English. These great English-speaking bodies co-own and manage the IELTS TEST COURSE. Now that you have known this, the next question should be why the test.
WHY IELTS TEST COURSE?
The reasons why IELTS is somehow a compulsory requirement for migrants into English-speaking countries either to study or work are as follows:
- Since the English Language is the 3rd most spoken language in the world with over 379 million persons, it is, therefore, crucial for one intending to live in these English language speaking areas to be able to speak the language fluently.
- Another reason why you must and should take the IELTS course is the fact that it is the only parameter that can determine and guarantee your opportunity to work, live or study in an English language speaking countries.
- IELTS course is required for those wishing to migrate to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the USA, and Uk. the test is the most popular and most globally recognized test. It is most popular with over 11,000 employers and 3,400 institutions in the USA.
- Another great benefit of the IELTS test is that it presents the benefits of job opportunities and integration into the country you wish to work or study in.
WHAT ARE THE IELT TEST SCORING SCALES?
Basically, the IELTS course scoring scale is graduated on a scale of 0-9. I shall be introducing you to their right descriptions and possibly the skill level, thus:
1. SCALE0: can be described to mean that The test taker did not answer the questions. This means that the candidate did not attempt the test.
2. SCALE1: A candidate graded under this scale means that The test taker cannot use the language except for a few isolated words. Theskill level is non user.
3. SCALE2: This indicates that The test taker has great difficulty understanding spoken and written English. This is called the intermittent skill level.
4. SCALE3: This means that The test taker conveys and understands the only general meaning in very familiar situations. There are frequent breakdowns in communication. It is called Extremely limited user.
5. SCALE4: This means that The test taker’s basic competence is limited to familiar situations. They frequently show problems in understanding and expression. They are not able to use complex language. This is called a Limited user skill level.
6. SCALE5: This means that The test taker has partial command of the language and copes with overall meaning in most situations, although they are likely to make many mistakes. They should be able to handle basic communication in their own field. This is called a modest user skill level.
7. SCALE6: The test taker has an effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies, inappropriate usage, and misunderstandings. They can use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations. It is graded as a Competent user skill level.
8. SCALE7: The test taker has operational command of the language, though with occasional inaccuracies, inappropriate usage, and misunderstandings in some situations. They generally handle complex language well and understand detailed reasoning. It is called the good user skill level.
9. SCALE8: The test taker has fully operational command of the language with only occasional unsystematic inaccuracies and inappropriate usage. They may misunderstand some things in unfamiliar situations. They handle complex and detailed argumentation well. It is rated as a very good user skill level.
10. SCALE9: The test taker has a fully operational command of the language. Their use of English is appropriate, accurate, and fluent, and shows complete understanding. This is called the Expert user.
WHAT SCORES ON IELTS TEST MUST YOU SCORE
Obviously, you must do your best to score the best grade scale possibly available in the IELTS course/test. Yes, it is also possible that the higher you score in your IELTS course the netter opportunities you will enjoy in your workplace or institution. However, each workplace or institution has unique IELTS test scores.
UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLAND FREE ONLINE IELTS TEST
The University of Queensland Australia magnanimously provides comprehensive, and self-paced free online courses for the IELTS Test. Their courses cover listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
Below are the courses they freely offer:
- Learning about the IELTS test procedure and format
- Learning helpful test-taking strategies and skills for the IELTS Academic tests
- Practicing and developing skills and strategies by completing IELTS rest-style practice tests in reading, listening, speaking, and writing
- Develop your reading, writing, listening, and speaking English skills
University of Queensland Australia
The video transcript is the English language
No eligibility criteria are required. The course is suitable for whoever is preparing for the IELTS test.
The University of Queensland Australia’s free online IELTS test course is estimated to last for 8 Weeks, and 5-10 hours per Week
NATURE OF THE IELTS TEST COURSE
The program is self-paced. This means that you choose your time to log in for your lectures.
The course is completely free, though there is the option to upgrade. About 1,360,315 have already enrolled for the free course.
The IELTS Test free online course Starts June 29.
Don’t forget once again that by registering for the University of Queensland Australia’s free online IELTS Test course, you will:
- Learn about the IELTS test procedure and format
- Learn helpful test-taking strategies and skills for the IELTS Academic tests
- Develop your English reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills