The Qatar University fully funded Scholarship 2023 an annual scholarship program for international students is now officially accepting applications for the spring 2023-24 intake. The essence of this publication is to inform you about this golden oversea study opportunity and details on how to access it and the multiple benefits one can garner by applying for Qatar University scholarships yearly.
QATAR UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP 2023/2024 OPPORTUNITIES
There are different fields of studies and faculties with openings for international students at the University scholarship offers. Below is the list of opportunities and programs available at University. Besides, all of these are fully funded. So, here are the scholarships:
- Full-time for a Master’s degree program
- Full-time Ph.D. degree program
- You can also pursue a non-degree program.
It is important here to categorically state here that you can actually apply for the Qatar University scholarship whether you are an international student or a Qatari national. Qatar University is an educational and research institution located in Doha, Qatar. In the country, only the University of Economics is rated No.1, and also the only government institution.
This is an elementary Scholarship. You can Study in Qatar without IELTS. There are no IELTS requirements. The Scholarship in Qatar will cover all the Expenses including Flight Tickets. QU University is committed to providing high-quality education.
QatarU offers the widest range of academic programs consisting of 47 Bachelor, 29 Master, 20 Ph.D. programs, 09 Diplomas, and a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD). The University of Qatar Gives feasibility to applicants to apply online instead of submitting documents by post.
Qatar university scholarship 2023 for international students is a fully funded scholarship in Qatar. QU currently hosts 10 different colleges of Academia. Community engagement is at the heart of QU’s mission and vision. Let’s talk more in detail about this scholarship in Qatar.
Are You Interested in Studying in Qatar? There are many Scholarships in Qatar without IELTS. All of the Expenses will be covered by the University and the Government of Qatar. This is the Most Prestigious Scholarship and you do not miss it. The Full Detailed information about the Qatar University Scholarship 2023 is available below.
Qatar University was established in 1973 and is a public research university located in the capital Doha of Qatar. More than 8,000 students from all over the globe are enrolled in the university. University has a Number 1 Ranking in the country.
MORE CONCISE DETAILS ABOUT THE QATAR UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
Host country: Qatar
University: Qatar University
Course Level: B.Sc., Masters, Ph.D., Diploma, Pharm.D.
Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
COURSES OFFERED BY QATAR UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
It is worth noting here that Qatar University is a government fully funded program. This simply means that you’re studying at Qatar University for free. Qatar University provides a wide range of Bachelor, MS, and Ph.D. courses. Masters scholarships in Qatar University and most of all, the Ph.D. scholarships in Qatar are available to all Nations of the world and anybody can apply easily. Here are the colleges that you can apply for in Qatar University and they are government fully funded. They are:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Engineering
- College of Business & Economics
- College of Education
- College of Law
- College of Medicine
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Sharia and Islamic Studies
CATEGORIES OF QATAR UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS
Basically, there are three  main Qatar scholarship categories. They are:
- Competitive Scholarships
- Non-Competitive Scholarships
- Other Scholarships
QATAR RESIDENT SCHOLARSHIP FULL DETAILS
Targeted Category: Residents of Qatar for Bachelor degree
Benefits: Exemption from tuition fees and Exemption from textbook fees
WHAT ARE THE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS?
- Applicant must have a high school certificate or its equivalent.
- Applicant must receive the Final Acceptance (Not Provisional Admission) in the university.
- The scholarship should be utilized starting from the semester in which the scholarship was awarded.
NOTE THAT If the student does not pass his/her first semester, the scholarship will be terminated and the student will be informed by QU email.
- Applicant should not get benefit from this scholarship and another sponsorship/scholarship simultaneously.
ARE THERE CONDITIONS FOR THE CONTINUITY OF SCHOLARSHIP?
Yes, there are. Below are the conditions for continuity for the residence scholarship:
- The student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
- The student must successfully complete a minimum of 12 hours per semester.
- The student should not exceed the period for graduation according to his/her study plan.
- The student must remain registered continuously (in Fall and Spring) until graduation.
- Recipients of the scholarship are expected to adhere to the academic regulations, policies, and procedures of Qatar University.
- Must abide by the General Conditions to keep the scholarship.
ARE THERE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS?
Yes, there are necessary documents required. Applicants for this scholarship are not required to submit any documents except the documents required for admission.
HOW TO APPLY – APPLICATION AND EVALUATION PROCEDURES
- The applicant may apply for the admission scholarship through the online admission application in the “Scholarship Application” section during the announced application period.
2. Upon receiving the applications, the scholarship committee may consider the applicant’s standardized test scores in English (IELTS or TOEFL) and in Mathematics (SAT, ACT, QU Math Placer) or other test scores selected by the committee.
3. Students should apply for admission and scholarship online using the online admission application during the announced application period.
4. The applicants will be evaluated after the deadline for the online scholarship application.
WHAT ARE THE FINANCIAL BENEFITS OF QATAR UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS
The truth is that there are lots of financial benefits associated with Qatar University scholarships and the most beautiful thing about these scholarships is that no religious restrictions. More so, International organizations offer numerous Qatar University scholarships to assist scholars.
QATAR UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS COVERAGE
This article will be undetailed and incomplete if I do not take the time to explain the benefits and the entire coverage of the Qatar University scholarship fully funded by the Qatar government primarily for oversea students desiring to study in Qatar:
- Course tuition fees are waived.
- They are providing housing for university students.
- Exemption from textbook fees.
- Airfare for a round-trip flight once a year.
Note: It is important to note here that only international students are eligible to apply for the New International Undergraduate Student’s Qatar University Scholarship while the New Undergraduate scholarships for applicants resident in Qatar are purely for Qatar citizens.
ARE THERE COMPETITIVE SCHOLARSHIPS AT QATAR UNIVERSITY?
Let me categorically state here that there are Qatar University scholarships. It is also important to note here that international and external scholarships are really competitive when it comes to Qatar University scholarships, they are:
- H.H. the Emir of Qatar’s Scholarships for Academic Excellence
- Outstanding Performance Scholarship
- Non-Competitive Scholarships
- GCC States Scholarships (Embassies)
- GCC Qatari Certificate Scholarships
- Children of Qatar University Employees
OTHER COMPETITIVE QATAR UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS ARE
- College of Education Diploma Scholarships
- Short Scholarships for the Arabic Program for Non-Native Program
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA?
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an approved or recognized institution of higher education by the Ministry of Higher Education are eligible for application.
- International students and Qataris are also eligible.
- Every nationality is welcome.
- The requirements differ from one program to the next.
`Additional Admissions Requirements can be found here.
SCHOLARSHIP TIMELINE QATAR UNIVERSITY
The last date to apply for the Qatar University Scholarships 2023 for International Students is usually open till the end of June. Ready to get the full details on timelines
Basically, the Qatar University scholarship runs two semesters yearly with two different scholarship categories and timelines. The semesters are:
1. SPRING SEMESTER: The spring semester is purely for new undergraduates resident in Qatar. It opens in October and ends in the same month. The scholarship decision announcement comes up in early January.
2. FALL SEMESTER: This semester is practically for new international undergraduates. It opens in March and closes in early April. The scholarship announcement comes up on May 30th.
HOW TO APPLY FOR QATAR UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS
Applicants are required to fill out an online application. To apply for a graduate program at Qatar University, Please visit Qatar University’s official website.
The whole essence of this publication is to first expose you to these fantastic overseas scholarship opportunities and secondly encourage you to apply even if it may not be now or this year since the admission window period may be over at the time you come across it. It is important to inform you here that the Qatar University scholarships application window opens between