I am very sure that right now you must be wondering what the school management system is all about. Just relax, we got you covered. The school management system actually sounds new and foreign to developing nations’ school systems, and this is the landslide divider between a robustly developed, and under-developed school system. The developed nations enjoy a robustly technologically developed education system, and this is a big edge they have against the developing nations’ education system.
WHAT IS A SCHOOL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?
The school management system is basically an assembly of web packages and tools that provides the essentials required for the total running of pre-nursery, nursery, primary, secondary, and tertiary institutions electronically. The school management system is a complete well designed and integrated electronic learning system with the capacity of delivering quality education to millions of people with little or no cost regardless of class.
The school management system is the safest and surest way of managing and preserving school statutory records in this modern time. The school records are the most important aspect of an institution. A successful and advanced institution is a function of meticulous, robust, advanced, and technologically managed and preserved school records.
Seriously speaking, maintaining and keeping neat, accurate, and sincere students data in an institution is the most difficult aspect of running a school. Getting individuals that can perform averagely well is as difficult as building the school itself. One thing is to be a good teacher, and another thing is to be a good record keeper. This is where the subject matter under discussion comes to play.
THE ADVANTAGES OF RUNNING A SCHOOL THROUGH THE SCHOOL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Honestly speaking, the advantages of running a school through the school management system software especially in the area of managing and preserving school records are too numerous to mention. The benefits are:
- The automation of records
- There is a high rate of turnover in record keeping
- Makes record keeping enjoyable and pleasant rather than tasking
- Makes record keeping accessible from anywhere in the world
- Confidentiality of information is better handled using the software rather than the use of hard copies and other manual operations in keeping school records
- Makes school records handy for easier administration
- Reduces labor force and workload in the day-to-day management of a school
- Maximizes income and profit for the school
- The best strategy to digitally market an institution globally
- Introduces/injects efficiency, accuracy, professionalism, charisma, pragmatism, nobility, integrity, trust, and equity and fairness in the education system.
THE SCHOOL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM SOFTWARE FUNCTIONALITIES
The school management system software functionalities have to do with the various function icons/programs built into the system. This function captures the entire administrative roles required to manage a 21st century, technologically advanced institution. These functionalities are as follows:
- Added visitor book
- Added phone call log
- Added follow up
- Added postal dispatch
- Added postal receive
- Added complain
- Added setup front office
- Added ACL based roles and permission
- Added roles
- Added assign permission on roles
- Added enable/disable the module
- Added certificate and identity card print module
- Added student certificate
- Added generate certificate
- Added student identity card
- Added generate an ID card
- Added homework module
- Added homework
- Added homework evaluation report
- Added calendar with To-do list module
- Added calendar event
- The added task for the To-do list
- Added file-based languages
- Added class section and same role upload
- Added front office with admission inquiry module
- Added admission inquiry with status and follow up
8 AMAZING SCHOOL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM SOFTWARE COMPLETE USER ACCESS FEATURES
The school management system software enjoys eight  amazing features. These features directly distribute values and access to strategic stakeholders in the institution. These user access features are:
- THE SUPER ADMIN
This is possibly the master controller of what goes in and out of the platform. It takes full control of all the features. It is obviously handled by the software designer who in my own opinion should be the best person to super manage the platform to avoid system failure due to mismanagement.
- THE ADMIN
This admin is the head of the school who may either manage the day-to-day activities of the institution with almost all features or delegates such important duty to a trusted and competent individual amongst staff whose sole responsibility should be to see to the daily up running of activities on the platform under the supervision of the school admin.
- THE TEACHER
This singular feature enables the teacher to manage students’ academic activities. It enables the teacher to enter raw data collated of a student within the teaching and learning periods. These activities include student evaluation scripts, evaluation scores, assignments, researches, notes, etc.
- THE RECEPTIONIST
The receptionist feature manages the front office relative activities. This feature enables the secretary/receptionist to clock in the day-to-day information as regards visitors to the school, teachers time-in and time-out, movements, and other forms of activities assigned to the office of the secretary/receptionist.
- THE ACCOUNTANT FEATURES
This feature manages /traces students’ fees all at a place. With this very feature, your child’s/ward’s tuition fees, and every other bill required by the school paid online are managed here. Payment receipts are generated and all financial transactions with the institution are acknowledged with this feature.
- THE LIBRARIAN FEATURE
This feature is concerned with the systematic arrangement/rearrangement of the whole library [e-library] including book issuing, and return. It takes stocks of the school library, students and teachers collecting and returning books, and provides modules, schemes, and other books related issues to students and tutors at their very comfort.
- THE STUDENT FEATURE
This beautiful feature allows collaboration between students and school activities such as examinations, student scores, class routine, and students’ communication with teachers. What this means is that the feature grants permission or allows a learner in the institution to seat for his examinations, check his/her results at the end of the day, be abreast with the class routine, and can also reach out to his or her subject/class teacher any time any day.
- THE PARENT FEATURE
With this particular feature on the software, parents can actually get his or her child’s all academic updates, get through school administration for any inquiry needed. This feature creates an interface between parents and the school management.
HOW TO HOST YOUR SCHOOL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM SOFTWARE
Let it be known here that the school management system is not an app you just download from the Google or Google play store, no! It is software carefully developed by a specialist in software production, modeling and network construction engineer. This is for the fact that it must be customized with strong internet private policies to avoid hacking of the site.
However, here is all you need to do in order to host your school management system any time you are ready to take your school to the next level:
- Consult and engage the services of a professional Engineer on software development, network modeling and construction, and educational solutions. We can help to recommend one for you if you want us to.
- The software Engineer will help you out with the name searching and the hosting. The name search will help discover the availability or non-availability of your school name in the www domain.
- If your school name [the domain name] is available your consultant go ahead, with your permission though, to buy the domain name.
- You will be required to provide all necessary details concerning your school. Details like your school name and location, contact details, your visions and mission statements/core values, your administrative structures, student’s comprehensive details, Staff details, etc.
- With the necessary information made available to the software Engineer, he can now go ahead to host your school management system portal and officially launch into the internet, and you are good to go.
- After the official launch of the school management system, it will be on the software Engineer to train and retrain the staff on how to use the site which is usually very simple but you must be guided the first time.
HOW DOES IT WORK
To avoid unnecessary system failure:
- Allow the software designer to be your super administrator. Of course, it’s always in the agreement that the team must manage and maintain the system for the school.
- Your entire staff must be trained, so as to enable them to maximize the full potential of the system and as well instruct students better.
- Every student must have his or her unique log-in details.
- All staff must as well have their individual login details.
However, there are exclusive pages in the system that must require a login pin. For instance, the result checking site, so students and parents must be required to purchase the PIN from the school any time they feel like checking the result of their wards.
THE COST IMPLICATION OF BUILDING SCHOOL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM SOFTWARE
The secrete about the entire process is that you as the founder or proprietor/proprietress don’t need to pay for anything. Your students pay for all the expenditures. Amazingly too, your students don’t also need to pay so much except you are the greedy type.
This is for the fact that you and the developer need to reach a common understanding in terms of the payment system. Remember that this project is a long-term project between the school and the developer. So they should be able to give you friendly and flexible pricing and payment model.
Don’t forget that it is a termly thing, so payments are built into students’ tuition and you collect them without stress. Besides, parents and students enjoy the fun that comes with children surfing the internet for their academic needs.
FAQ CONCERNING SCHOOL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM SOFTWARE
- What does it take to develop the software for your school?
The answer is simple, it will take almost nothing to get it running in your school. Consult/contract a software expert, furnish him with the necessary details about your school and you are good to go.
- Do I need any equipment or gadgets to run the program?
All you need is one or two computers for staff in the school and a central laptop or desktop computer for the school administrator that is if you don’t have an I.C.T/computer center or unit in your school already and you are possibly a beginner.
- How can students access the platform?
The platform is customized in such a way that each student has his or her own portal customized, and can only be accessed by the student with his or her login details. All a student needs is a smartphone which could be Dad’s or anybody’s to log in any time you want. A laptop or desktop is not a bad one if the family can afford it.
- How costly is access to the system
The system costs nothing to access. With your free 10 Mb’s from your cellular network provider, you can access your student portal. Buying the PIN for result checking may cost as little as N200 – N500 only. However, it is part of the packages you are paying for, except for an extra pin in the case of loss of PIN.
- What do the school stand to benefit?
The school stands to benefit a whole lot. The publicity coverage is simply out of this world. The entire process digitalizes thereby placing the school on the global map. Financially, the school stands to benefit a lot from the e-programs to the student login, everything is almost monetized in one way or the other all to the school benefit.
There we say no other better way to render quality education. Education basically is the organization of situations, ideas, facts, attitudes, values, and guidance of a learner. To achieve this unique mandate, reliable aids are required to help put together visible and empirical facts thereby making teaching and learning more tangible and realistic. The school management system can help you achieve that at a go. Call us [+234 08083549099] for any form of assistance in creating your school management system, and we will be glad to assist you.