Telemedicine Software’s importance can never be over-emphasized. Many persons will be wondering what telemedicine software is all about, what has it to do with you/us? How has or can it help the world manage health issues? Of what use is telemedicine to developing and underdeveloped countries of the world? There are a million and one questions possibly running through your minds right now concerning telemedicine software. These and more we hope to address in this very article, we believe it will amaze you how useful Telemedicine software is to the medical society and the world at large. We will begin by answering some of the most necessary questions raised above.
Over 5 decades now telemedicine/telehealth has gained lots of global attention and has become a pillar of modern medicine with lots of government and private-owned facilities and individuals subscribing to the platform for quality healthcare service delivery at the comfort of their homes, translating into the improved workflow with less time consumption, happier Doctor-patient relation, and more accessible and cost-effective.
WHAT IS TELEMEDICINE SOFTWARE?
It is necessary to state here that telemedicine software has no definite definition. However, we are going to consider few definitions. According to the world health organization, “Telemedicine, a term coined in the 1970s which means “healing at a distance”, signifies the use of ICT to improve patient outcomes by increasing access to care and medical information”.
The Who believe that Telemedicine software has to do with “The delivery of health care services, where distance is a critical factor, by all health care professionals using information and communication technologies for the exchange of valid information for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease and injuries, research evaluation, and for the continuing education of health care providers, all in the interest of advancing the health of individuals and their communities”.
Therefore, telemedicine software is simply the use of modern technology by health care providers as a platform to render remote clinical healthcare where the healthcare provider and the patient cannot meet one-on-one.
WHAT IS THE SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE OF THIS ARTICLE?
The essence of this publication is to:
- Create more awareness on the use of telemedicine software to access quality healthcare at the comfort of your home, affordable for everyone.
- Present telemedicine software as a technology for providing clinical support to healthcare practitioners
- See telemedicine software as a platform intended to bridge that geographical barrier between healthcare practitioners and their patients who are far away from each other.
- Use this article as a guide for healthcare practitioners to optionally select the very best and efficient and reliable telemedicine software available in the market since there are many of them in the market.
IMPORTANCE OF TELEMEDICINE SOFTWARE
- Telemedicine can reduce the variability of diagnosis.
- It can improve clinical management and quality healthcare service delivery.
- Telemedicine software can enhance access to quality, effective, efficient, and cost-effective healthcare services.
- Telemedicine software helps in rendering better community healthcare services by way of bridging the long-distance gap, covering the big gap in the place of low staffing of a health facility.
- On the part of patients, it seriously saves time and cost for patients and families.
- Telemedicine software enhances healthcare provider-patient communication and education opportunities.
FOUR  AMAZING FIELDS OF TELEMEDICINE SOFTWARE
Telepathology is the use of telemedicine software [ICT] to transmit digital pathological results in the form of microscopic images of cells from one location to another for interpretation or consultation reasons.
This is the use of telemedicine software to relate digital radiological images in the form of x-ray from a location to another for consultation or interpretation purposes.
Telepsychiatry has to do with the use of telemedicine software through telephone or video for psychiatric consultations or evaluations.
This is the use of telemedicine software to relate detailed information/observations concerning skin conditions like the tumor of the skin for the reason of consultation or interpretation.
According to a WHO survey on telemedicine in these four fields, it was discovered that Africa, East Mediterranean regions have the lowest proportion of regions with well-established telemedicine services. This is the reason for this publication. Africa must rise with all they got digitally to save the continent.
THE CHALLENGES OF TELEMEDICINE SOFTWARE IN AFRICA
1. THE HUMAN AND CULTURAL CHALLENGE: This has to do with patients and even healthcare providers refusing to adopt a service model entirely different from the indigenous practices of approaches.
2. LACK OF TELEMEDICINE SOFTWARE FACILITIES INSTALLED IN AFRICAN HEALTHCARE FACILITIES: Many African hospitals lack adequate medical facilities talk less of telemedicine software. This informs why most African leaders prefer to travel abroad to receive healthcare treatments instead of equipping the health sector. However, all thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic that made most of them visit our healthcare facilities, and saw the deteriorated nature of African hospitals, and had to be admitted to them for once. This is a big challenge.
3. LINGUISTICS AND CULTURAL DIFFERENCES: The issue of language and cultural barriers between patients and healthcare providers is there too. This can somehow be tied to illiteracy on the part of the patient. For the caregivers, the inability to operate most of this telemedicine software has seriously inhibited the success of telemedicine in Africa.
4. One other big challenge establishing telemedicine software and applications is the shortage of proper documentation of the economic benefits and cost-effectiveness of Telemedicine applications.
5. This should help to influence the policymakers to see the need for budgeting and sponsoring telemedicine software establishment as well as other facilities necessary for efficient healthcare delivery in the country/continent.
6. Another strong/big challenge facing the establishment and adoption of telemedicine software applications in the African continent is the lack of strong policies/legal framework establishing, and promoting Telemedicine service in Africa. This legal framework should allow health professionals to render services anywhere globally without restrictions and permit the electronic transfer/sharing of a patient’s private information/folders from one professional or jurisdiction to another.
7. Lack of strong policy guideline/legal framework regulating the operations of telemedicine as it involves patients’ privacy, confidentiality, access, and liability. This will ensure carefulness on the part of telemedicine software providers/operators and instill confidence in the mind of patients on the service and technology since issues concerning confidentiality and privacy are of ethical value concerning the use of ICT.
5 HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TELEMEDICINE SOFTWARES
Doxy. It is simple to operate, free to sign up, and very secure in terms of privacy. And data sharing. All you need is to create your room and start operating telehealth services.
SPECIAL FEATURE OF DOXY.ME
- Download not required
- Simple and easy for both clinicians and patient use
- Free for all to use; Doxy.me is cost-effective
- Doxy.me is HIPAA, GDPR, PHIPA/PIPEDA, and HITECH compliant making the software the safest in the world.
- All users get a free Business Associate Agreement immediately after you signup.
- Doxy.me is accessible from desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- The software is the most trusted world over by clinicians and loved by their patients.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD DOXY.ME APP
There is no download required. All you need is to log in to https://doxy.me, and signup for free.
- For limited services – FREE
- For Professionals- $29/Month
- For Clinic – $42/Month
- For large organizations – Free
Visit https://doxy.me to see special features attached to each of the services stated above and other necessary details.
2, SIMPLE PRACTICE TELEMEDICINE SOFTWARE
The simple practice software is the only practice management software that permits you to go completely virtual -in-office via telehealth, client portal, scheduling, documentation, billing, insurance, mobile, and support features all integrated into it. It has a secure and fully integrated video solution, client communication note calendar, etc., all in one software. Visit https://www.simplepractice.com/
SIMPLE PRACTICE SPECIAL FEATURES
- This telemedicine software helps you to focus less on managing your practice and helps you spend more time with your clients
- Helps you take control of your schedule
- It helps you save enough time with a custom template.
- Simple practice.com telemedicine software streamlines your payment process by storing your credit cards for easy billing, enables your clients to make a secure payment, and files insurance claims with ease.
- Helps you manage client care in real-time by making it easy for the client to contact you and access important information about their cafe.
- Foe Essential = $39/Month + lots of features
- For Professional = $59/Month + great features.
- All plans have free 30-days free trials. Isn’t it amazing!
Healthie is specially built for nutritionists, dieticians, health coaches, all wellness professionals. The platform has amazing features like overview, client engagement portal, charting & intake, scheduling, programs, telehealth & webinars, billing, insurance and superbill, mobile App, cloud-based EHR, and APL, all in one integrated into the platform.
SPECIAL BENEFITS OF HEALTHIE TELEMEDICINE SOFTWARE
- Healthie telemedicine software saves time on administrative tasks by enabling online scheduling, automating client onboarding, and has quicker and safer payment processing.
- Enables you to connect with clients and build better relationships between care providers and patients.
- It increases your revenue by extending your offers/services.
- Healthie telemedicine is technically designed to meet all your professional needs.
- Healthie software is the only practice management platform that builds a healthcare team that provides collaborated care to clients.
- For beginning- $29/Month
- For Small practice – $89/Month
- For practice plus – $129/Month
- For Group practice – $149/Month
- Organization custom
Visit https://gethealthie.com/ for more details of other features embedded in this software.
4. CHIRON HEALTH
Chiron health telemedicine software is one pretty software that lets you see your patients over the video, improve patients outcomes, see more patients, provide higher quality care, increase patients satisfaction, spend more time with your family, and boost your revenue.
CHIRON HEALTH SPECIAL FEATURES
- Chiron HEALTH IS HIPAA compliant
- It is automated with patient insurance eligibility checks
- Chiron health telemedicine software has EHR/PM integration.
- The software is very fast and easy to work with
- Independent – $150/Month
Please visit https://chironhealth.com/ for more details on all the special features of this software that may not have been stated here.
5. PRACTICE BETTER
Practice better is a perfect telemedicine software that is an overly secured cloud-based practice management platform. It is a complete nutrition practice management platform for health and wellness professionals.
Practice Better telemedicine is the very best solution for managing professional nutrition. The beauty of Practice Better is that it helps you save more time to reach more people.
SPECIAL FEATURES OF PRACTICE BETTER
Practice better telemedicine software has the following features all embedded in. they are:
- Client Management
- Scheduling and booking
- Billing and payment
- Client accountability
- Programs and courses
- Telehealth and messaging
- Team mobile app
- Full script
- Gives users unlimited access to files and records
- Ability to record sessions
- It secures charts and alerts
- Users enjoy branding and customization
- Sprout plan – $0 [free forever
- Starter plan – $19/Month
- Professional plan – $49/Month
- plus Plan – $79/Month
- Team plan – $135/Month
Please visit https://www.simplepractice.com/ for further details concerning practice better telemedicine software.
Telemedicine practice is gaining serious ground and popularity during the present global pandemic. This is becoming a new normal for the world and the health sector. Considering this, it is important to choose the very best telemedicine software that works perfectly for your patients and your practice. Interestingly, telemedicine software can be installed on your android phones, tablets, all windows versions, and laptops. Buy correctly! buy smartly!!
Let us know your reaction to all our articles by commenting on the comment box right below the page. This will help us serve you better. We need you to grow and do better. Follow all our social media handles.
Williams Education Foundation blog Team!